Our Graduate Nurse Program began in 2010 and is a partnership between CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, the College of Nursing at The University of Texas at Tyler and the Associate Degree Nursing Department at Tyler Junior College.
Built on evidence-based curriculum that meets national residency accreditation standards, our program consists of three main components:
• 1-year UHC/AACN Nurse Residency Program™
• Focused residencies for individual clinical practice areas (vary in length based on nursing specialty)
• New employee and unit orientations
The UHC/ACCN Nurse Residency Program is a collaboration between the University HealthSystem Consortium and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing to take the novice learner from new graduate nurse to competent provider.
Core content of the UHC/AACN Nurse Residency Program is provided in structured monthly seminars of four or more hours each. These seminars are conducted at our Tyler campus and focus on three critical areas:
• Leadership: Managing resources—including staff, supplies and services—for optimal patient care and collaborating with the interdisciplinary team
• Patient Safety and Outcomes: Applying foundational knowledge of critical, nurse-sensitive topic areas to bedside practice
• Professional Role: Growth and development, both professional and personal
All newly licensed RNs hired at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler or CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville who have less than six months of experience are automatically enrolled in our program. Candidates applying for an RN–New Grad position must be graduating from an accredited nursing program and be able to obtain a Texas RN license. Ideally, applicants will have already taken and passed the NCLEX, but this is not required to apply.
• Attend 100% of residency seminars and learning activities
• Actively participate in residency seminars
• Promote a culture of evidence-based practice by working on an evidence-based clinical project during the last five months of the program
In order to participate in our Nurse Residency Program, you must apply and be hired into an RN–New Grad position within CHRISTUS Mother Frances Health System. Apply online for an RN–New Grad position here. Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
Still have questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.